Saturday, June 7, 2008

Imagination and Darkness

I observe that darkness always ignites imagination.  Maybe it’s because of the nature of the our mind tend to substitute the missing sights, or sounds, or touches, or memories – with something beautiful.

So, is it the real thing?  Isn’t it that nothing matters in the darkness.  For instance, if you went out with someone at night, she usually looks more beautiful (or at least more mysterious), and that adds up to the occasion.  Or when you play the music softly… it usually conveys the ambience more that if you play it at the normal level.  Especially if the one I’m playing is old-school rock, where the voice of the singer is the least of beautiful (but I like it anyway).  Or… the one you know least is the one you’re always thinking of… no matter if it’s not true in the end.

Mystery add the spice in life.  But it is not the real thing.  All six of our perceptions always deceives us in every twist and turn.  Of course, I’m still the biggest fan of the “dark and beautiful” thing.  I still love all things mysterious.  It’s just sometimes I notice things like these…  strange, but a truth rings in it.

No comments: