Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Year 2009 Review

Every year, at this time of the year, I sit and think and write about the passing year.  I promised to do it every week, but I can't seem to get it right.  Not even every month.  But every year, on a holiday, can do.

It is more interesting to see it from an airplane sight than day to day operation.  It is easier to think that way.  Some say that the goals are lofty, but in a sense, the goals just worked out themselves in an unpredictable fashion.  In a sense, the goals reached themselves.  As a man, maybe I'm doing nothing, and let my genius do the thing.  (No, I'm not a genius, I'm only a human.)

This is a list of achievements that I reached in 2009 (in no particular order, and not to brag):
  1. Get someone to marry me.  Ha ha ha...  :D
  2. Make a new home with that someone. (continued next year)
  3. Get a child who will call me father. (continued next year)
  4. Get out from a rat race. (into the space!  up up and away!)
  5. Build a education course with several good people (see betasmartbimbel.com).
  6. Finish the ultimate level of telling the value of someone else's property (valuation's USP).
  7. Watch Avatar in 3D. (just kidding!)
Before talking about next year, I need to make sure that I have a life goal, that is what the hell am I doing down in this earth at this age of information?  What is my purpose?!  I do NOT believe in a personal God, so don't tell me anything about a religion.  But I'm like it or not quite a spiritual guy (in a sense), what do you call a person who likes to be alone and meditate and believe in a genius?  An egghead?  :D (just kidding!)

My purpose is to be the best I can be in all aspects of life and afterlife (yes, I believe in an afterlife).  To be the best, I must (like it or not) weed out some good things that restrain my potential.  I believe that most humans are born egoists (see two-year olds, there are many in my bimbel).  So, rather that fight it and be a martyr, I better use that born-potential.  You see, I can't win alone.  It's a no-go and a dead-end.  In order to be the best, I need people that is also the best, in a community that is also the best.  In order to be in a good afterlife, "I" need to good deeds, one of them is to care for others.  So... you go figure out.

Back to topic, to be the best we must leave out the good ones that restrain our potential.  OK, that means a lot of sacrifice must be made.  And I am very sorry for people affected by my actions and may them can cope with their losses and get a better successor.

To be the best doesn't mean I'm a perfectionist.  Far from it, I believe in the complexity of nature and the plant and grow principles.  You can't push a plant to grow before it's time.  Not even a fish, but my arowana somehow grow so fast that maybe I must change his aquarium next year.  I believe in pursuing the best seed.  And the nature can take care the rest.

To be the best it's twofold: in this world and in afterlife.  For the first, as you all very concern of, this world is all about money.  Almost all services can be bought.  Best education can be bought.  Best people can be bought.  Best attorney can be bought.  Best stocks can be bought.  Best investment can be bought.  I believe that you can also buy an island if you have money (and make a small country)...  So, money it is.  Get Rp.1,000,000,000,000.- (or US$100,000,000 or about three tons of gold or a shopping mall) in assets.  Don't laugh.  There is a saying:  put ur hope high in the stars...well, at least you don't fall to dirt if you don't reach it (arrive at the moon comes to mind).  :D  I read that Warren Buffet started with only US$100, and you can google his wealth now yourself (I'm sure it is more than my target).  So...yes, Sir, it is achieveable.  As Einstein put it:  "The most powerful force in the universe is compound interest."  (as long as you put the gun away from you, it work for you, not against you - beware credit cards)  I run an excel sheet.  With a compound interest of 20% per annum and additional capital of Rp.10,000,000.- yearly (inflated 10% per annum), I can reach my goal in more or less 50 years.  That's when my age is 77.  And I will get my first billion in 13 years (I'm 40), 10 billions in 24 years (I'm early 50's), and 100 billions in 37 years (I'm mid 60's).  Make sure:  one, inflation don't hit me.  two:  currency depreciation don't hit me.  three: 20% per year is achieveable.  I can see only one vehicle right now with 20%:  the stock market, but more to come (property might only get me 5-6% pa now).  I got 50%+ in a good month.  With a good money management, I can get by with 20% per year, no matter what. (hoping many good IPOs in year to come so I won't rip off fellow traders, as they rip me off sometimes, we are at war!)  So bear with me at this (my wife including).  For currency and inflation, I prefer gold/property/business than cash deposit to harbor the money not gambled in the stock market.  And by the way, with 3.5% per month, credit cards' interest is 42% per annum, should I open one card-business?

Still in this very life, a good family (and community), where everyone lives in harmony.  This is the middle of the "all for money" and "all for afterlife" approach.  A family is balance between both.  Why?  A family needs money but also needs love.  Only one of them won't sustain a family...  Money with no love...broken family.  Love with no money...worse.  So, bear with me extremist.  (I'm not one of you)

The second, afterlife.  This is where no numbers can go.  Whatever my money in the end, all that matters is the impact it caused upon this world.  With three tons of gold, I certainly weight the earth a little bit more with my ego. :D  Just kidding.  No gold can follow me to the afterlife, only my deeds (good, bad, good and bad, or not good nor bad).  I can't count this one, and the best is the last one.  With money you can do only good deeds, but not the "not good nor bad" deeds.  And it all still depends on the intention behind it.  At this, even with three tons of gold, all people, you and I, whatever ur religion, are equals.  Well, at least I'm going to heaven.  I think that is enough for now.

In a nutshell, my life's goal is to be a "trillionaire family-man that goes to heaven". (are you with me?)

So... what to do next year to achieve that?
  1. Prepare for a child. (welcome, son/daughter!)
  2. Raise a harmonious family. :D
  3. Fill the capacity for this bimbel.
  4. Expand the business:  another bimbel (branch), a valuation office, a design office. (all three in a year? let's see...)
  5. Acquire another property. (with the business)
  6. Add more capital and get 20% interest on the stock market (good IPOs, please...).
  7. Buy a bigger aquarium for the ever-growing arowana. (Just kidding!)
Of course, a goal must be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timed).  One and two can't be measured easily.  Three to five have already had a number in it.  Only six concerns with money.  My target is to put at least Rp.100 million in the stock market by the end of next year.  Wish me luck.

Comments welcome.

No comments: