Thursday, October 15, 2009

Live or Die

Live or Die

I wonder how to live my life sometimes
With monsters going in and out
With darkness blinding my sight
With the light beating only inside
With sages and wise men telling things far away
With the soul yearns for freedom

Why?

What is life worth living?
What is life worth dying for?
I'm on the edge
With the grim reaper waiting...

There is no middle path
It's living or dying
It is right or left
It is walking his path or her path or your path
It is history or future
It is golden cage or open wilderness

Oh, I chose the latter
And I left the other for another day
Quitters can win
They just never talk about it
Using a pencil to cut down the oak tree
Sometimes perseverence don't pay
Climbing the castle to find it's vampire's

It's living or dying.
It's giving or sucking.
It's mine or theirs.
It's hero's or bandit's.

Life is
not black or white
but left or right
not a straight path
but a maze
whether I make the choice
Or too lazy to think for myself

Bang!
Awakening
one day I realize
the fork is near
a choice has to be taken
and bear the risk
oh I'm very afraid
leaving the golden cage
to the wilderness in front

but...

but...

now, this bird can fly
and I'm not alone
I'm not alone
I'm not alone

(by: Ace, 2009)

No comments: