Saturday, October 3, 2009

I MOVE ON

I won't stay in this static stance for a long time.  It has been a long three years and I always wait for weekend since a few months ago.  Now it's the time for me to move on.

I've prepared for this day since the first day I enter my career, that it is only for temporary.  I AM NOT MY CAREER.  I never identify myself with any labels this world can label, expect naturally, I am my parent's boy and my wife's husband.  But that is the only two things that feels real.  For a long time, I'm a also a part time investor, business owner, gamer, writer, aikidoka, friend, etc.  I'm a lot of of people into one.  But this "staff" role is taking about 95% of my energy and leaving the 5% to share between the others.  Why?  Because I'm a naturally morning person, about 60% of my work is done before 11 am.  And after 6 pm, I almost shut down.

The so-called "sacrifice" is not worth it.

I can't concentrate in the office is the other reason I need to move on.  Despite the bad office layout and lack of privacy and the constant interruption from my colleagues, I also have about several things in my mind at a time.  For example, my wife, the stock market, my business, my apartment rent, etc.  And I can't focus on any of them in the office, or just the one-hour-time-at-lunch to do it all.  It's painful.  And also stupid in a way, I think.

I should have move on a long time ago, but I still need the financial support and eventhough it's meager, but I still manage to do things with my salary.  Not anymore.  Since the business is expanding, I don't need any salary to support myself anymore.  And that's it.  That's the trigger for me to move on.

Wherever you go, go with all your hearts, Confucius once said.  I go with all my hearts now.  Leaving nothing behind.  Starting today.  I'm no longer a "staff".  I'm what I naturally be.  A human with many interests and the will to pursue that interest, with all my heart, to the limit.  If, there is a limit after all.

And guess what, the one closest to me is supporting this decision 200%.  That's why I love her so much.  :D

No comments: